[plug] MDK 10 on HP NX9010

James Budworth tsuki_yomi at zephilia.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 8 10:32:18 WST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Kai wrote:

> Hi guys and girls,
>
> I bought an HP Compaq NX9010
> (http://www.ht.com.au/Scripts/xworks.exe?PART:M1158#Tof) a few weeks ago
> and I dropped into Linux IT and bought Mdk 10 Official.
>
> Tried installing Mdk 10 Official but the installer hangs just after the
> initialisation screen, I've heard there might be a glitch with the first
> install CD so I tried CD 2 and after a bit of waiting and some expected
> noise from CD/DVD I get the message "I can't access a Mandrake Linux
> Installation Disk in your CDROM Drive (_NEC DVD+RW _ND-5100). Retry ?"
>
> I google'd a bit and found a page on someone who tried installing Red
> Hat 9 and who had problems with it, one of their many suggestions is to
> use "linux nousb nopcmcia noprobe nofirewire" at the boot:- prompt, but
> that didn't do any good.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions or pages they recommend I read about the
> problem, please let me know
>
> Thanks
> Kai

I ran into a similar problem myself, before the GUI installer was loaded.

It turns out that there is a problem when you burn the disk, and that one
solution I have heard is to burn it at the lowest speed you can.

This fixed the problem I had.

The problem I had is discussed here.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=191208