[plug] VPNs and stuff

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Jul 9 08:18:18 WST 2004

Hi Simon,
We use CIPE to accomplish this as I too have a VPN from my home office to my east perth office both ends have NAT and it works fine.  Just make sure you have your option files setup correctly.

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> sscott at westnet.com.au 10:19:37 pm 8/07/2004 >>>
Hi guys

Quick question, hopefully someone can advise me on where to turn....

We're trying to setup a VPN between my house and my mate's house via
2 ADSL links.

So far, we've tried IPSEC, which failed since we have a double NAT
scenario, and PPTP, which we could probably get working but appears
to be better suited to Road Warrior kind of usage. Since we're going
from server to server, the client setup is a nightmare without the
associated GUI tools.

Has anyone got any advice on other tech we can use to get a permanent
LAN to LAN via double NAT style of VPN?

Any advice appreciated.

Simon

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au