[plug] ** July PLUG Seminar Notice **

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Jul 13 00:32:41 WST 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 08:16:07PM +0800, Steve Boak wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:54 pm, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 14:11, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> > > Abstract:
> > > This talk will cover tips, tricks and traps with Linux on laptops.
> > > More specifically, getting hibernation working, power-saving
> > > techniques and generally getting the most out of your laptop.
> >
> > As I'm going to be in QLD while you're talking about this, are you
> > planning to provide some docs associated with this, alternatively, is
> > someone going to be either taking notes or taping it?
> [...]
>
> Or a webcast (audio only would do) for us distance-challenged people?

So long as it doesn't have to be live :) Getting internet access out
of TAFE has been unfruitful in the past. The next plan was to get a
phoneline out and stream audio using speex at 33.6kbps ... Should be
feasible, but nobody's gotten around to asking or doing it yet.

I'll see if I can figure out how to hook their mics into my laptop
or some other recording equipment, but I can't make any promises :(

Slides should be up though!

Regards,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>