[plug] What distro for old laptop?

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 10:50:09 WST 2004

Yeah that too.. and if your interested you could use "Distcc" I hear
this project is going great guns at the moment.. when I get my home
systems back up again I'll give this a go... (power outage in the
middle of an upgrade :-( )

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:36:50 +0800, Cameron Patrick
<cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> Senectus . wrote:
> > Compile everything for your machine specifically and squeeze every
> > last drop of juice out of it ;-)
>
> Rather than heavily optimising, I'd imagine that compiling with -Os
> (optimise for space) might be better on a low-memory machine.
>

> Cameron.

Attacking Linus' integrity and character is like clubbing baby seals.
- PJ, Groklaw.net