[plug] WINE is doing well

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jul 13 14:05:03 WST 2004

At 13:47 13/07/2004 +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
>I just bought a laser cd labeling kit and installed the bundled win32
>software "Design Express CD label maker" and it is running flawlessly.
>Very stable, very fast, very smooth and looks good enough to eat.
>
>I had no Windows dll files and I just invoked wine and the setup.exe and
>everything worked fine.
>
>I can see now they are getting to the point where they can actually make
>a .9 release.

I've used the CodeWeavers Crossover Office version of wine to run ISI
Research's EndNote software on a Gentoo system.   Very very impressed, to
the point we'll spring some dollars their way :-)   How the heck they
emulate the Windows Registry has got me tossed but what the heck.   Now if
only SPSS would play the game :-(    (PSPP does not cut it, I'm sorry to say.)

Cheers,
Denis