[plug] Backup of drives for installfest??

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 17 09:56:30 WST 2004

On Saturday 17 July 2004 09:27, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Senectus . wrote:
> > I don't remember getting an answer for this earlier.. so sorry if you
> > have answered it already..
> >
> > What are we using to "ghost" the PC's before we install stuff on them?
>
> Partimage over NFS is my plan.  (Alternatively, if someone can compile
> a partimage server that isn't broken, i.e. not the Debian packaged
> version, we could use the native partimage server which should achieve
> next to wire speed.)

SysRescueCD contains partimage as well as QTparted to resize those
nasty NTFS partitions to make dual-boot machines.

Other tools include dump/restore, GNU parted, Sfdisk and a plethora
of other filesystem tools.

http://www.sysresccd.org/systools.en.php

It's about 100MB of iso image. There are instructions on how to make
a bootable USB stick from that.