[plug] firefox 0.9

Michael Holland myk at westnet.com.au
Sun Jul 18 11:35:22 WST 2004

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Russ Powers wrote:

> Anybody using firefox 0.9?

Yes, but finding it crashes occasionally. 0.8 might be better.

> I'm trying to figure out how to get it to import my firefox 0.8 bookmarks

Should be automatic the first time you run it.

> (suppose I could just copy them into the appropriate directory).

Yes.  ~/.mozilla/firefox/default.???

> And I'm having a problem with the extensions manager. When I go to my bank
> site, it comes up with a message saying I need to install the java 2

Try downloading from Sun, e.g. j2re-1_4_2_05-linux-i586-rpm.bin

Then put a symbolic link in your firefox plugins directory to

/usr/java/j2re*/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

> extension. I replied yes, it downloaded, and then said it had installed
> successfully. I went back to the site and the same message came up. So I shut
> firefox down, restarted it, and went back to the site. Same message.

I hate those "wizards". Use the command line, Luke.

--
Reading this .sig? So are your customers.