[plug] Installfest aftermath

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sun Jul 18 19:48:09 WST 2004

I think it's safe to say it was a success! About 60 or so people
turned up, some installees, some installers, some just having a
look.

Thanks must go to ...
 - Commander, for the venue and an underutilised server :)
 - Scott & Matt from LinuxIT, for their server, CDs (many CDs!), and
   knowledge
 - Cameron, for tireless days and nights getting the netbooting
   Installfest CD running, running around, amongst countless other
   things
 - Marcus, for the place, the idea, general "stuff", and forcing a
   BBQ into a van that was never meant to be.
 - Adrian, for slicing up the pre-sliced hotdog buns ;)
 - Mark for manning the rego desk, and generally being organised.
 - The crew from CTV for recording bits and pieces of the event to
   promote Linux and Open Source (heading to Channel 31 sometime
   soon)
 - Everybody else that turned up yesterday and early this morning to
   setup
 - Installers, instalees, people loaning gear, and the idly curious :)

(why does this sound like an emmy awards speech?...)

Well, I hope everybody enjoyed it and got something out of it all.
I think I did :)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>