[Plug] Mysql installation

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jul 19 08:02:53 WST 2004

In message <1090168268.31176.10.camel at rasputin.localnet>
on Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 12:31:09AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> [of MySQL...] in fairness 4.0 does have transactions on InnoDB tables).

Hmm, because of the way you keep saying that, I was about to pointedly
pronounce that "version 3 of MySQL that's in *Debian woody* supports
transactions, and you can hardly call that new!" ;-) However, I just
tried it and it didn't seem to work. I have no idea why this is, as it
works fine on machines where I've custom-installed MySQL. I'm not sure
if this is due to the way the Debian machine is configured, or whether
its package missed out on transactions by a margin of about one
subversion number. ?