[plug] Changing of sub details.

Michael Hunt michael at aussie.oddsocks.net
Wed Jul 21 09:23:36 WST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 23:25 +0800, Senectus . wrote:

> I'd be happy to hand over one of these fantastic Gmail accounts next
> time I get an invite if you like....

That would be great. Gmail actually got me thinking about what I was
paying for my usa.net account. Basically I was getting the following for
$40US/yr :-

	* 10Mb storage
	* POP Access
	* Spam and Virus Filtering
	* Use of an email address that I had for quite some time.

Stack this up to Gmail and you are probably wondering why I would even
consider keeping it, let alone pay for it !!! Pretty much it was that
last point only.

Lets just say I was baited hook, line and sinker !!!

Make it free to begin with, then starting charging (nothing
unreasonable) and then soon you are so caught in their snares you can't
ever leave.

Sorry I'm not really bitter, and the loss is not that great. I'm
probably more sad that I have to go back to classes tomorrow after 4
weeks holiday than anything else :-).

On the possibility of a Gmail account, I tried to get one before my sub
with usa.net ran out, (it sounded perfect for what I want) unfortunately
try as I may I couldn't get one so I resorted to a subdomain address of
my main domain oddsocks.net. It will do in the mean time. I would still
be interested in a Gmail account if a spare invite comes your way.

Michael Hunt