[plug] Mandrake 10 shutdown question

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Wed Jul 21 16:09:25 WST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 15:46, Chris Griffin wrote:
> Yup, same story.
>
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:29:53 +0800, Russ Powers <russ at powerstech.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 02:03 pm, Chris Griffin wrote:
> > > That's what I have tried. But this only gets me back to the logon
> > > screen where the shutdown and reboot options are greyed out. I
> > > actually want to do a shutdown.
> >
> > Have you done it as root?

Hi,

I don't know if Mandrake has any custom frontends for doing this but
normally kde can be made to change this behaviour by using the control
center, in the system settings->Login manager-> sessions -> allow
shutdowns -> console.  You need to be logged on as root to make the
changes.

This is assuming you are using kdm as the desktop manager.

Regards,
--
Mark O'Shea