[plug] dd progress patches

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Fri Jul 23 12:10:21 WST 2004

Hi Folks,

I know this has been discussed many times before, but I'm having
troubles applying the various dd progress patches I've found around the
traps.

I was specifically interesting in one Leon posted long ago that I found
with google:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-fileutils/2003-08/msg00001.html

I know how to patch kernel source etc, but can't get this one to work,
have tried various version of fileutils etc. with no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I just want to patch the
standard Debian Woody dd from fileutils 4.10 - libc6 2.2.5.

Is there an 'official' source for these progress patches or anything a
bit friendlier than stuff pasted into mailing lists?

Alternatively, are there are binary packages available anywhere with
some kind of progress patch applied?

Thanks,

Ryan