[plug] LoginMatrix Linux Binary Challenge

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Fri Jul 23 20:58:52 WST 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 11:10:33AM +0800, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> Just had a look at it.  I think the point of the challenge is just that
> a challenge.
>
> I'm sure there is a way to reverse engineer code if that is part of the
> challenge.

gdb is a good starting point. Learning how to drive it is an
invaluable tool (along with knowing a little x86 assembly).

I'm not sure of how they /want/ you to go about the challenge, but
gdb and objdump was all I needed.

strace, ltrace, xtrace, and other things may come in handy also.
There was a talk at LCA2004 about reverse engineering, IIRC - should
be on the CD-ROM/DVD that will be out soon with any luck!

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>