[plug] VirtualHosts Problem

Mark Bailey mbailey at arach.net.au
Sat Jul 24 11:34:50 WST 2004

Sorry...forgot to change subject.

Cheers,
Mark Bailey
Perth, Western Australia

Condoning sloppy spelling is guache

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.linux.org.au [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.linux.org.au]
On Behalf Of Mark Bailey
Sent: Saturday, 24 July 2004 11:30 AM
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: RE: [plug] LoginMatrix Linux Binary Challenge

This might be really dumb question but I am pretty new to all this stuff so
I will not be surprised if someone flames the crap out of me.

Can someone please advise if the following is possible.
I have scoured a heap of docmentation and cannot find any reference to it.

It is in relation to VirtualHosts in Apache.

I am trying to point a VirtualHost DocumentRoot to a directory on another
machine on the network.

ie. Apache is running on 192.168.1.1. I want the DocumentRoot for one of the
domains to be on 192.168.1.4.

I can find no reference showing a DocumentRoot to somewhere other than a
directory on the host machine.

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,
Mark Bailey
Perth, Western Australia

"The world is moving so fast that there are days when the person who says it
can't be done is interrupted by the
person who it doing it."   -  Anonymous

---

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au