[plug] LoginMatrix Linux Binary Challenge

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Jul 24 20:03:25 WST 2004

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 11:38, Garry wrote:
> Mark Bailey wrote:
> | I am trying to point a VirtualHost DocumentRoot to a directory
> | on another machine on the network.

> I suspect you'd have to have it mounted as a NFS mount.. Never tried
> this though.

It works fine for me with NFS and smbfs - kernel 2.6.7 connecting to SCO
OpenServer 5.0.5 and Windows NT 4.0, using Apache 2.0.4something.

I did have to modify Apache so that it wouldn't try to use sendfile(),
because it didn't recover gracefully from failure and those filesystems
don't support it. IIRC this wasn't an issue under kernel 2.4 due to lack
of sendfile() support.

--
Craig Ringer