[plug] Hacker Nights (was ** July Workshop Notice **)

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Jul 26 17:09:06 WST 2004

On that subject, It'd be nice to have 2 plug lists [plug] and
[plug-newbies] or something.

The basic idea being plug-newbies being a list where beginners can feel
free to ask 'dumb' questions ('What is the root account'? etc) without
the intimidation that a list full of eosoteria about kernel tuning and
deep-level scripting can bring a beginner. The concept would be those of
us who are happy to share our knowledge can sit on the list and answer
beginner questions, and that beginners who know answers can feel free to
answer questions without feeling intimidated by more experienced crew.

Plus those who feel fatigued by 'dumb' questions would be spared them.

Shayne.

--
"the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And
we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."

Shayne O'Neill. http://www.perthimc.asn.au