[plug] looking for fellow Gentoo users....

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jul 26 19:32:30 WST 2004

In message <1090840642.15301.69.camel at localhost>
on Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 09:17:22PM +1000, Andrew Cowie wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 16:44 +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> > Gentoo user ... one on WAIX and one off WAIX...
> For what it's worth, I'm definitely off WAIX. Contact me off list if
> you're still looking for route testing assistance.

Are you sure? Oops, that sounds rude. What I mean to say is: are you
sure this is correct for the particular host with which you will be
accessing the Perth rsync server? The reason I ask is that some non-WA
service providers have peering arrangements such that interstate sites
are routed as WAIX peers. A traceroute from your end could help to
confirm if there is a visible "risk" of being "on WAIX" (unless you
already know about this or are using one of "those" ISPs, e.g. Optus or
Telstra, where you are already sure that no such arrangements exist).
:-P