[plug] looking for fellow Gentoo users....

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Jul 26 19:49:03 WST 2004

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 04:44:48PM +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> I've just made an rsync server that should be available on the web..
> I'm needing two Gentoo users.. one on WAIX and one off WAIX... to see
> if I can figure out how to lock it down to WAIX users only.. anyone
> else out there?

You probably don't need gentoo to test access to your rsync server,
unless there's something special about gentoo and its package archives I
don't know.  You could get a shell account somewhere and test it
yourself with plain command line rsync.  For instance you can get a free
shell account on metawire.org, hosted in the US somewhere.  It runs
openbsd, and doesn't have rsync installed, but you could install it in
your home dir there, or find a free shell provider that does have rsync.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Life is full of concepts that are poorly defined.  In fact, there are very few
concepts that aren't.  It's hard to think of any in non-technical fields.
-- Daniel Kimberg