[plug] Hacker Nights: getting organised

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Jul 27 00:09:14 WST 2004

Adrian Woodley wrote:

>       On a semi-related topic, I've been thinking about starting a
> monthly Hacker Night.

In the interests of getting things moving, I'm going to tentatively
suggest a venue and day.  Comments and suggestions are welcome
(especially if you're thinking of coming).

INAUGURAL PLUG HACKER NIGHT -- a.k.a. Third Thursday Meetings

What:
    For people who know Linux well to get cool things done, in the
    company of other like-minded inviduals.  (i.e., what Adrian said)

    *** If you're thinking of coming, please let me know, as we will
        have to get tables etc sorted out ahead of time, and it helps
        to have some idea of the numbers involved.  Thank you.

Time:
    Thursday, 19th August 2004.  7:30pm onwards.

    If this proves to be a success, we may make this a regular
    event, put it up on the PLUG web site, etc.

Location:
    Central Chemical Consulting Pty Ltd, upstairs rooms
    Unit 1, 11 Narloo Street
    Malaga

    Approximate driving directions:  Coming from the south, head north
    along Alexander Drive.  Take the Reid Highway to Malaga Drive,
    turn left (north) a short distance to Beringarra Road (first on
    the right), then take the first left (Narloo Street).  (There's a
    big blue sign on the building, but it probably won't be too
    visible at night.)

    Network arrangements:  There are only a couple of network jacks
    upstairs, we will need PLUG's switch (and AP, cables, etc).
    Limited internet access will be available through our proxy.

Regards,

Cameron.