[plug] Crontab??

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 28 07:02:29 WST 2004

cron implements a very "bare" environment that uses the primative "sh"
shell and applications that depend on having a normal environment will
often fail.  This can often be passed on the command line (if you can
find out what it needs) e.g., to set the MYVAR env. variable for the
spawn try "MYVAR=something command"

The "&" tells the command to execute and return control back to the
terminal straight away.  Normally not used in a crontab, and might cause
problems.

BillK