[plug] phone fax / answering machine

Marc Wiriadisastra marc-w at smlintl.com.au
Wed Jul 28 08:35:31 WST 2004

There is a company here in WA thats has a working implementation of it.
My understanding is that it may be that you do not have an account or
you do not have the right equipment.  As you you need to have someone of
getting off the telephone exchange to a person's house.  A VOIP phone
company will give you that.

Also you do have voip telephone equipment to change the structure of the
data.

BTW the only reason I know bugger all about this "product" is because we
are going to implement it in work shortly with an old dual pentium we
have lying about and we are actually using asterisk or going to use
asterisk as the program on a debian 3.0r2 box that will hide in the corner.

I can't do anything put rave about asterisk anyways because you can set
it up to switch between your telephone carrier and an internet carrier.
You can look for the cheapest method and get it to use that method.  YOu
can have your own message bank.  Divert the phone calls to your mobile
and if you don't pick up go to a message bank at home.

Basically these big company type telephone services for free because of
the maginificent open source.

http://www.techtopia.com.au/index.php

Thats the company in WA.

HTH