[plug] Bandwidth limiting

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jul 29 09:48:32 WST 2004

Senectus . wrote:

>>I found I needed to write my own script to fit my needs, so I didn't use
>>it, but I've heard people have good results with it for simple things.
>>
> Is this another level of QoS over shorewall's /etc/shorewall/tos  ?
> Would it conflict with that?

Having never used shorewall, I have absolutely no idea. I should've
noted in my original mesage, by the way, that you DO need to run your
QoS services on a gateway machine, not the endpoint, as QoS abilities
incoming data under Linux are limited or nonexistent. (Why, I don't
know. What's the difference between drop on forward and drop on input,
really?)

--
Craig Ringer