[plug] OT SCO anyone familier with it ?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jul 29 11:31:30 WST 2004

Michael Holland wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Scott Middleton wrote:
>

>>Thats actually quite funny. I was just talking (literally) to Leon
>>Brooks about doing that for a client of mine. Except we want to back up
>>the data from a SCO box to a Linux Box.
>

> Did Leon suggest installing the Gnu tools on SCO?  Gnu tar (unlike SCO)
> should preserve attributes. And you can have the same version on both
> sides.

You can get OpenSSH, GNU tar, bash, screen, vim, and all the other
things that help keep an admin used to a modern system sane from skunkware.

ftp://ftp2.sco.com/pub/skunkware

They're packaged to be easy to install using `custom` (the OpenServer
5.x ones, anyway) and install in /usr/local so they won't tread on
anything else.

>>On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 07:39, Chris Cornish wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone know much about sco unix and how to use it. I have a friend the
>
> What version?

Most people who ask about it seem to be running OpenServer 5.0.[3456]
but it's definitely worth asking.

--
Craig Ringer