[plug] listing with total

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Jul 29 12:33:28 WST 2004

I didn't put the entire command in my reply.
while in the directory I needed to find out the size and total of the .MYI files
du -h -c *.MYI did the trick for me.

Jon

Jon L. Miller,  ASE, CNS, CLS, MCNE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Jon  Miller wrote:

> I figured it out (du -h -c)

But that doesn't list the files, as the OP requested, just
sub-directories.

> What is the command to do a listing of directory with the total of the
> file in human form at the bottom of the listing.

Try "ls -hs". Almost, except the total is at the top.
Then "ls -hsr | tac"    bingo!

--
The best things in life go on sale sooner or later.
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au