[plug] weird Mandrake 10 problem

Simon Scott simon at plumtek.com
Thu Jul 29 12:06:26 WST 2004

Hey all

Ive been having a few issues with cdrecord and mandrake 10. k3b refuses to
detect which speeds the drive will run at, so it always switches back to 0x
(full speed!) which is a pain.... so I went looking for a newer version of
cdrecord, and it now seems that my urpmi database is corrupt....

[root at leela simon]# urpmq --sources cdrecord
The following packages contain cdrecord:
cdrecord-cdda2wav
cdrecord-devel

so it cant even find the cdrecord package on the original disks! I then went
to try to update the install media to fix it, but now I get (for example,
when trying to update disk 2):

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 1
(x86) (cdrom1).cz]
mounting /mnt/cdrom
unable to access medium "Installation CD 2 (x86) (cdrom2)",
this could happen if you mounted manually the directory when creating the
medium.

This is even tho I have the disk in the drive, and ls /mnt/cdrom shows that it
is mounted......

Anybody have anything similar to these problems? as an aside,  k3bsetup
crashes for me..... which is part of the k3b package. However, there dont
appear to be any updates for it.

Lastly, how do I force a reinstall with urpmi?

Thanks