[plug] OT SCO anyone familier with it ?

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jul 29 13:37:31 WST 2004

In message <410871BA.5030600 at smlintl.com.au>
on Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 11:40:42AM +0800, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> I believe if you want a list of all open source or gnu software the gnu
> main page has a link to a list.

Um, er...that's only true in as much as the GNU website contains a list
of GNU software. However, it is NOT a list of "all open source software"
nor even a list of "all software under a GNU licence". (In fact, it
lists only a very small amount of open source software.) For instance,
two of the programmes mentioned by Craig (OpenSSH and vim) are neither
GNU projects nor GNU-licensed. The easiest place to find software is
`apt-get search` (or equivalent) ;-) Open-source UNIX and Linux software
can also be found more generally through Google or dedicated sites (e.g.
http://www.freshmeat.org and http://www.sourceforge.net). And PLUG ;-)