[plug] Help

chris whittaker chriswhittaker at smartchat.net.au
Sat Jul 31 17:37:26 WST 2004

Hello All,

I am a newby to Linux and have so far muddled through.

I have tried Xandros, Lycoris, Red hat 8 and 9, fedora and finally
Mandrake 10.o.

I am having trouble with installation and i would appreciate some help.
basically I can install RPMs , i dont know where they go when i do but
so far installation of RPMs seems to be ok.

the big problem I am having is with installing TAR.BZ packages.I would
like to install some programs from a disc and also from the internet. I
have tried through the KONSOLE as both root and user and I can still not
get them to work.

Any help or suggestions would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks

Chris Whittaker