[plug] Westnet Usage Monitor for Linux

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 20:04:30 WST 2004

Dunno but I got a reply from a Westnet rep that said he was still
thinking of us and to check back in a few months...
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=128668&p=3

I have "cedega 4.0" here so I'll give that a go with the WUG software...

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:43:56 +0800, Trevor Phillips
<trevor.phillips at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:05:23 +0800, Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I saw something on the linux section of the whirlpool.net.au forum...
> > I can't remember if they ever finished it though
>
> I did some digging on the Whirlpool forums - seems the Westnet
> management have decreed Usage apps to use encryption keys, and not
> allowing opensource solutions. Hence there doesn't appear to be any
> Linux capable version at this stage...
>
> I wonder how well the Windows ones run under Wine? ^_^
>

> --
> Trevor Phillips  - http://jurai.murdoch.edu.au/
> Web Technical Administrator  -  IT Services, Murdoch University
> "On nights such as this, evil deeds are done. And good deeds, of
> course. But mostly evil, on the whole."
>       -- (Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)

Attacking Linus' integrity and character is like clubbing baby seals.
- PJ, Groklaw.net