[plug] USB2.0 PCI & Linux

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jun 1 10:20:37 WST 2004

On Monday 31 May 2004 17:54, Brad Campbell wrote:

> I have an NEC, VIA and ALi and all three of them kick along quite happily.
>
> It is generally regarded as good advice to steer clear of the VIA chips if
> it's possible. ALi and NEC seem to be pretty well regarded and supported.

Thanks for the info! The one I'm looking at is apparently an NEC chipset.

On a related note, any idea why I'd only be getting about 300k/sec writing to
a USB HDD over USB1.1? I mean, if it's a 12Mbit bus, I'd hope for at least
1MByte... (Not that it'll matter once I get the USB2.0 card ^_^)

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |