[plug] RH9 apt sources.list

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Jun 1 14:04:01 WST 2004

Anne Busby wrote:
| Do UWA have RedHat 9

No.

| Any one know how to 'translate' a directory hierachy
| to a sources.list entry ?

"man sources.list" is the best advice I can give you.  It describes
how it works on a Debian system; I've no idea how it works on
RPM-based systems, but the man page probably will.

FWIW, here is a quick example of how Debian's apt does it; maybe it'll
be of some use.

	deb file:/archive/mirrors/debian sarge main contrib non-free

This says, look in
/archive/mirrors/debian/dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/
/archive/mirrors/debian/dists/sarge/contrib/binary-i386/ and
/archive/mirrors/debian/dists/sarge/non-free/binary-i386/ for a file
called Packages, and use that as a list of packages.  That file will
in turn contain paths for where each package can be found, given
relative to /archive/mirrors/debian.

Cameron.