[plug] kernel driver frusturation

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 2 13:14:55 WST 2004

At 13:03 2/06/2004 +0800, you wrote:

>I'm setting up a secure DB server for some student records (sap/maxDB)
>and am wanting to use debian woody to do so.
>
>I'm recycling an old p300 for the task and it has a mysterios network card
>that has the following markings on the chipset
>
>digital
>21041-pb
>dc1044f

Shayne,

My initial thoughts were "Tulip".

This site lists a Windows driver for the beast, calling it "tepcipb"
http://www.network-drivers.com/drivers/12/12875.htm

And here is some chatter about DEC 21x4x drivers and the 2.4 series Linux
kernels.   Maybe a jumping-off point for you?

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0105.2/1011.html

>Any ideas on what the kernel module (2.2 - woody) might be?

Oh... maybe you can compile the Tulip sources into the 2.2 tree.   Any
reason to not move to 2.4?   I've been using 2.4 with Woody for quite some
time, without ill events.

Cheers,
Denis