[plug] Fedora quick re-build question

chris.griffin at swiftdsl.com.au chris.griffin at swiftdsl.com.au
Wed Jun 2 14:04:49 WST 2004

I am about to start installing Fedora core 2.
When I did this with core 1, the initial install went fine, it came up ok
and I could log in and all was well with the world. Well almost. The
screen resolution defaulted to something like 640 x 480. I proceeded to
select my video card from the list (ATI Radeon 9600 pro) and set the
resolution to 1024 x 768. It said I needed to restart X to activate, I
did. The logon came up and as I was logging on the system hung, not just
the video, network access and all. I tried many things, including the
latest drivers for the video card, all to no avail. Eventually I gave up.

I want to try again with core 2 but when I do the install the first time,
how do I clone the config so that if I need to re-install I can somehow
say to it "these are the options I used last time, do it the same way".
And when I boot the CD to do the install, how do I tell it to go grab this
install config?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Chris Griffin