[plug] Problems

nofixed nofixed at westnet.com.au
Fri Jun 4 20:26:18 WST 2004

I think my problems may have started earlier.  I tried to install all
updates from xandros, and after download was complete xandros-network
hung unpacking one of the packages.  In the past when that happened I
needed to reboot to recover since I could not determine wich
processes to kill.  To cut to the chase, I ran 'dpkg upgrade -f' I
think, without checking my sources.list first.  I acquired about 100
packages from uwa's "unstable" mirror.  Perhaps some were not quite
compatible with what I had...

With so many variables, I think the best option is to start over.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started with Gentoo?

Thanks
Jim