E-mail conventions (was: Re: [plug] Debian VS Mandrake)

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 5 09:20:51 WST 2004

On Saturday 05 June 2004 02:46, Brock Woolf wrote:
> > I don't find HTML e-mail as obnoxious as some people here do.
>
> Neither do I. But you get that i guess. Is there a reason for this
> anti-HTML?

15 cents per megabyte is a typical charge for "excess downloads" ...
or only a few years ago; 1 cent per kilobyte.

Plus it adds *nothing* but bulk to the message; often bloating size
5-fold. If one bothers to archive even a small proportion of emails,
then the storage and management requirements increase
correspondingly.