E-mail conventions (was: Re: [plug] Debian VS Mandrake)

Craig Foster fostware at westnet.com.au
Sat Jun 5 16:53:41 WST 2004

I don't mind the removal of cryptographic signatures, Win32 executable
content, and ATT00*.TXT attachments from mailing lists. After an *extremely*
quick browse through the archives, I unsure of whether we block executable
content. It's probably a good idea for a non-Win32 mailing list...  ATT*.TXT
attachments are usually caused by the mail list not wanting to break the
signed emails, so they can go easily enough.
As for crypto attachments, I would feel hypocritical if I didn't use them,
due to my Thawte Notary status, however for this list it's only by habit
that it gets sent.

Finally, we do go on about not munging email, so I think the removal of
text/html would be very hypocritical, but executable content is an
outweighing necessity.

CraigF.