[plug] bash bodgy

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sat Jun 5 20:12:02 WST 2004

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 08:04:39PM +0800, Craig Dyke wrote:
> This would be all well and good but there is a significant amount of
> scipt before this line.
> Will that matter?
> I understand what you have written and how it works for my small
> example, but wonder if
> it will translate to larger problem?

Try it and see :) If the shell that runs it (bash) is compatible
with the shell the script is designed for (bash probably), then I
don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. The worst I can think of
is that the script might make some assumptions about the initial
state of bash, but they shouldn't be too indifferent.

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>