E-mail conventions (was: Re: [plug] Debian VS Mandrake)

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 5 20:14:05 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:
> In my original sentence, the word "generate" was a verb and there is no
> way I can directly address the question "What's a 'system generate
> Message-IDs'" -- it doesn't make sense.

Geez. You really are just a simple person now aren't you? If you applied the same rules
in social aspects of your life and never read between the lines, i doubt
you could grasp such concepts as humour. What a joke :)

> And here's one more bit of advice... :-) When you quote, I think you
> should ensure that the name of the original author is retained (I
> noticed that when you quoted Cameron and I, you did not preface our
> material with our names). Trimming out authors' names is yet another
> "sin". (When I say "sin", I of course mean "a practice that contradicts
> long-established and frequently-advertised conventions".) On the "plus"
> side, I do note that you don't have a 12-line e-mail signature. While I
> have basically no objections against long signatures (my only objection
> is when people top-post their signatures), I know there are people here
> who do!

Well in the future, maybe you should go back and read the previous
email. This may solve your problem.