[plug] firefox

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 6 17:06:13 WST 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 13:17, Brad Campbell wrote:
> Brock Woolf wrote:
>
> >>Unfortunately Not.
> >>Firefox is a lousy liar.
> >

> > Yeah and so is Konqueror, but in a good way :)
>
> Yep, tested it in a UML, Konq works.. But I don't want to have to keep Konq and the KDE libs around
> just to do my banking. If I do that then I'm no better off than using Win4Lin except I lose the
> ability to run misc win32 software and my companies accounting package (ie 5.5 or higher only).

Yeah, well you wouldn't be better off using Win4Lin, if Firefox can't do
it, then it's really not that great is it. I have 4 web browsers
installed: Konqueror, Epiphany, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox. I don't use
Epiphany or Mozilla really though.
But I mean why can't you just use Konq for your netbanking and Firefox
for everything else.
Really, you may have to settle, because Linux ain't perfect, abeit very
good.
Send an email to the Firefox team and in the next release maybe you can
persuade them to include browser identification.
At the end of the day, i don't think having one more icon on your
desktop is really gonna be worse than having to use Win4Lin.
I know what you want, but it's just not available....yet.

You sound like you want a super super optimal Linux box. Tell me, are
you a Gentoo user? Cause you have the hallmarkings of one :)