[plug] firefox

Brock Woolf ultima160 at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 6 17:34:21 WST 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 17:19, Simon Scott wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 05:06 pm, Brock Woolf wrote:
> > You sound like you want a super super optimal Linux box. Tell me, are
> > you a Gentoo user? Cause you have the hallmarkings of one :)
>
> Doesnt everyone start like that though? I know I did. After a while linux
> becomes less of a strive for absolute perfection and more of a really,
> really, really handy tool for doing all sorts of things.

Yes, Yes I can't argue with that. Well at least I can tell you are not a
Windows user. They tend to become complacent with their system. Windows
users learn patience. They get used to using "Free" (Shareware) windows
software. They get used to popups, that IE6 doesn't block, crashes, that
bastard and behemoth of an email client Outlook, and load the bloated
Norton Anti-Virus program that takes over thier computer and slows it
down (remember NAV?). Not to mention a slower "Network Neighbourhood"
that scans directories for printers and other garbage and the 20%
reserve bandwidth for Microsoft spying feature.
But of course I dual boot Mandrake 10 with Windows XP. But XP only has a
place on my Maxtor 80GB for playing Battlefield Vietnam and Diablo 2
occasionally. Of course i don't have a choice when games are only made
for that platform.
Anyhow, enough of my ranting...

Regards,
         Brock