[plug] Linux Drivers

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Jun 8 00:19:06 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:

| There is an app called sndconfig (it's in Debian at least) that will
| detect your sound card

Debian stole it from Red Hat. :-)  I think Mandrake have their own
programme in their control centre to do the same thing.

| kudzu or discover can also detect this for you

Discover is really nice, and is far superior to the Windows method of
"insert driver CD, reboot, pray" if your hardware is supported by it.
The downside is that adding support for new hardware usually involves
upgrading one or more of discover, the kernel, and XFree86.

Cameron.