[plug] POP3, Perl, Flock, UID, message id [Slightly][OT]

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jun 9 18:02:54 WST 2004

Tim White wrote:
> A nice mix of questions in a lovely mailing list.
> I am looking at putting a pop3 server on a windows box(Due to it being
> impossible to put linux on the box :( ). To do this I have downloaded a
> perl script that someone wrote in '99 and am modifying it for the
> situation.

Have you considered using a native Windows POP3 server? Mercury Mail
(from the same people as the Pegasus mail client) for example.

http://www.pmail.com/downloads.htm

Note: My opinion may be coloured by my increasing tendency toward
(almost) "anything-but-perl" as a development philosophy.

Craig Ringer