[plug] Floppy based Mini-Distro's

Jay Turner jturner at bsis.com.au
Sat Jun 12 07:49:43 WST 2004

> On Behalf Of Brock Woolf
> Sent: Saturday, 12 June 2004 2:14 AM

> I know you want a floppy boot disk, but i think you would be better off
> using the Ultimate Boot CD
> It is a Linux based boot CD with heaps and heaps of programs including
> Mini-Linux distros that you can all access from a Boot Menu off the CD

I hear what you are saying and I already have this.
Was wanting to use a floppy so other users can boot the system into a shell
from the floppy
have users mount the floppy and execute my 'setup' dd script to image the
drive of their choice.
Once I find a floppy distro that works the way I want, i'll start looking
into having it mount and run the script
itself, probably via rc.local (I assume that these floppy distros have
rc.local).. If not I'm sure I can work something out.

I was trying to avoid having to modify an ISO to get my script in as it is a
lot faster for me to make changes to a file that is on a floppy, rather than
having to re-burn a cd to make a change.

Regards
Jay