[plug] Bash

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Sun Jun 13 16:54:25 WST 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 17:43, Simon Scott wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 05:32 pm, nofixed wrote:
> > My solution, from a programmer's view, is to get the *open* source
> > for dd and modify it to echo a '.' every arg-MB as an option.  That
> > gives a true progress indiction.
>
> You forgot about making it a command line switch and then submitting a patch
> to the current maintainer of dd :D

I'm just curious why there was no google done for "dd progress bar",
because this was discussed on this list in September last year.

Also, another hit that shows something more useful is this:

        http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-coreutils@gnu.org/msg00728.html

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S27°52'30" - E151°16'25" (Millmerran, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..