[plug] Mandrake 10.0

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Jun 14 08:27:38 WST 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 22:15, Ian Sherriffs wrote:
> After installing Mandrake 10 recently, I have been trying to see if I
> could install my 2 digital cameras. Have checked out GTCam,  FLPhoto
> and gPhoto to see listed camera models, but neither of mine are
> listed.  Even looked at The Gimp in case there was something there.
> Are there any other Linux photo programmes I have missed, besides
> components of FLPhoto?   The two cameras are (Dolphin) 1007 Pocket
> Camera (640 x 480) and Fujifilm Finepix A205S.   Both work well with
> XP. Thanks.

Plug each camera in, and try lsusb to make sure Linux sees it. With the
camera plugged in, you can also try "lspcidrake -vf" which may suggest
a specific module to use.

Otherwise you can often do "modprobe usb-storage" and then mount the
camera as sda1 (mkdir /mnt/camera; mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera) and
prod around in there looking for .jpg files.

My SIL, who is a professional photographer, used this method until
gPhoto2 learned about her camera. She's been using that and a script
ever since. She actually prefers the script to any GUI, despite being a
point-and-click type of person, because it gives her more information
about what's going on.

Cheers; Leon