[plug] Multiple ethernet cards, same driver

Adam Davin bladebadger at westnet.com.au
Tue Jun 15 23:30:04 WST 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:14:26 +0800
Bernd Felsche <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au> wrote:
<snip>
> I've not sussed out how to get DHCP to do it automagically for me at
> boot time. Not sure it can, but it probably ought to be able to do
> it.

I have played a little bit with DHCP with respect to diskless workstations. Each workstation is identified via the MAC address and then if required, can be allocated a fixed IP address (usually this is the case as each image or directory structure is specific to a machine unless hardware is identical - not the situation in my home I am afraid :-\ ). I believe there are tools available that will snoop on a network for a period of time and grab IP / MAC pairs for you to aid in the creation of matched IP / MAC pairs in DHCP files.

I seem to have recently wiped out my dhcp config files so unfortunately don't have an example :)

Someone else feel free to jump in here and correct or add examples :)

Regards,

--

Adam Davin