[plug] List administrative notice: 'held' messages to be flushed

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 16 13:30:48 WST 2004

Hi everyone,

As some of you already know, the PLUG list software enforces a rule that
"only subscribers can post messages to the list". This means that the
list is basically free of spam. It also means that sometimes people's
legitimate messages get 'held for approval'. At the present time, there
are thousands of messages in this list of mail that is 'held for
approval'. All of it, or almost all of it, is spam. There are currently
too many messages for us to be able to deal with them (literally: the
administrative interface can't handle it). So, I am going to go behind
the scenes and flush out all the held messages from the server
indiscriminately. If you know that you, yourself, sent a message to this
list that was "held for moderator approval" (you would have got a
message advising you of this), be aware that the message is no longer
being held. If you really, really want the message to get to the list,
you'll need to resend it. If you didn't save a copy, e-mail me some
identifying information and I'll retrieve it from my own incoming
mailbox.