[plug] OT - Internet access I am stumped

Patrick Tehvand patrick at tehvand.com
Wed Jun 16 14:01:19 WST 2004

Hi all,

Off topic but i need some info.

I work at a school south of canningvale. We cannot get DSL or ISDN for
various reasons. I am looking for an internet access solution that will
provide >512K speeds (which puts sattelite out of the equation).

Our current options include a x163=>fibre connection to Amcom which will
set us back a cool 20K/year for 18G/month at 2mbit and a wireless 2mb
connection through e-span for 15K/year with 25G/month.

It is a bitter pill to swallow when we could be getting comparable
connections under sDSL for around 5K/year.

Im not sure what our data usage will be once we get the faster
connection (currently on 2x56k) but I am guessing anywhere from
10-30G/month depending on bandwidth.

Can anyone suggest any other solution than the ones above. Have i missed
a provider here?

Cheers for your help. and to keep it close to topic, we run linux
gateway and servers here so connection must be linux friendly (i know
most are in this sort of $$ range)

Patrick Tehvand.