[plug] Virtual Filesystems & CMS

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Jun 17 17:41:39 WST 2004

On Friday 11 June 2004 14:09, James Devenish wrote:

> UWA have been using MySource for a few years now and they seem to love
> it. However, when I recently had a look at using for something, I hit
> some of the snags that I had cynically expected (I'm a bit of doubter,
> as Trevor appears to be). However, UWA are really making a go of
> MySource and UWA's Weboffice seems to "love" it.

Yeah, I saw a UWA demo or two of MySource, and it had some limitations our
current environment doesn't have. That was a year or 3 ago now tho...

Most CMSs seem to be all or nothing - I'd like a system which can interleave
other content within its virtual structure, to allow more specific dynamic
content to coexist.

I really think I'll end up wanting to implement something myself. Problem is I
get scared when higher management see these big CMS solutions, and their eyes
glaze over like it's a Holy Grail that'll solve all their problems.

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |