[plug] more mailman madness

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 17 18:27:21 WST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0406171820440.1037-100000 at guild.murdoch.edu.au>
on Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 06:24:38PM +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> Cheers. This is getting wierder.
>
> For some reason if I do a netstat -t -c
> I get a huge amount of ;-
>
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1967          localhost:smtp
> TIME_WAIT
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1965          localhost:smtp
> TIME_WAIT
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1963          localhost:smtp
> TIME_WAIT

My response to this is to make an alias for
guildmembers-bounces at yourguild.murdoch.edu.au to send mail through to my
own account, where procmail will funnel it into a shunt area. That at
least breaks the cycle without having to take down the server and clear
things out manually. Now...what version of Mailman are you using?