[plug] Rainbow Connection

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Fri Jun 18 10:17:05 WST 2004

I saw this on a bulletin board, and thought it quite amusing:

Sung to "Rainbow Connection" by the late, great, god of foam and fake fur, Jim
Henson.

Why are there so many,
Complaints about windows,
And why it just suddenly dies,
About all the exploits,
And the millions of viri,
And what's in the source code they hide.

They say the next version's bug free and stable,
I know they're wrong, wait and see!
Some day we'll have it, the open revolution,
The Mac Zealots, the Unix Geeks, and me!

Who said this hot fix,
Would pass for an answer,
On Microsoft's worthless knowledge base.
Their dev team thought of that,
And millions believed them,
But there are still problems all over the place.

What's so amazing is that their stocks raising,
When will their investors see?
Some day we'll have it, the open revolution,
The BSD'ers, Tux lovers, and me!

All of us compiling from source,
And things will just work like it's magic!

Have you taken your PC,
And chucked it down a flight of stairs,
When it was just Windows to blame?
Or bought a new system,
To replace your slow old one,
But the new Windows makes the speed just the same?

I've installed my OS so many times I can't believe it,
How fucking hard can it be?
Some day we'll have it, the open revolution,
With sourceforge, and freshmeat, and me!

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |